Wednesday, August 3, 2016

What do  ALL parents need to bring to register? 
                Two (2) Proofs of Residency

NEW STUDENTS & RETURNING STUDENTS are required to show (2) different proofs of residency for their zoned school on or before registration day.  Proof of residency is a current (within the last 30-60 days) utility bill - electric, gas, water - with the parent's name and address printed on it.  If parents have not been living at the residence long enough to have a utility bill, a contract or lease on a house or apartment will be accepted.  Agency, government or court documentation will also be accepted.
                Immunization Records and Physical Examination Records
To get a Tennessee Health Card School Immunization Certificate, parents should contact their child's doctor and schedule an appointment for a kindergarten physical.  At the time of the physical, the health card Tennessee School Immunization Certificate will be issued.
Immunizations must be up to date. 
                Certified Copy of Child's Birth Certificate

                Child's Social Security Card

 Living with someone in our zone?
 If a student and his/her custodial parent/guardian are living with another family in the Hamilton County school zone, both families must be present to sign a notarized Affidavit of Housing. Failure to provide accurate information could interrupt your child’s enrollment process. The supporting family member or representative must provide two (2) different proofs of current address to be approved for that zone. Acceptable documents are current electric, water, gas, or cable bills within the last 30-60 days, a current lease or mortgage, and Agency or court documentation. In the case of an Agency, a representative must mail or fax a letter to the Student Services Office verifying the student/parent’s residence. If the family has moved into the Hamilton County school zone from another town or state they must also provide a copy of a Certified Birth Certificate and Social Security Card. Immunization records must be on a Tennessee form (this can be done at the Health Department at no charge or your private physician). After approval, you will take the immunization form to the school who will notify the parent if a physical is needed.

To avoid a long wait time in August, parents and guardians are encouraged to bring documentation into the Student Services Office between July 1 and July 30, 2016 if an affidavit of housing is needed. Summer hours are Monday - Thursday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment